Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Rant against LJ

Can I share how much I hate Live Journal? I can never follow the comments: pages of comments sliding back and forth across the screen and referring to people and sites I've never heard of... I can never find my way around a person's, umm, blog? page? entity? there- like how the fuck do you email somebody? Jesus! and when I try to comment it ends up in the wrong spot. And it seems like a real pain in the ass to change your format.
Why the hell do people blog there?
I wouldn't read a thing on it if it weren't for rss feeds. I can't tell an entry from a comment half the time, and I certainly can't keep straight what the hell page the entry is going to show up on.

Grrrr.

Ok. I feel better now. It's just I clicked through my feed to an actual journal and I was going to comment but I had a hissy instead so I came back home where blog formats make sense and all the comments fall nicely down the page.

loving blogger,
ephelba

1 comment:

Lucy Dee said...

Hey, Ephelba!

This comment isn't really relevant to LJ (but I have to agree...they suck as a blogging platform).

Anyway, I caught wind of your comment on The ABW (Angry Black Woman) blog.

My name is Lucy Dee and I'm a black female standup comedienne in NYC. Based on your worldly response on ABW, I figured you might be interested in my most recent post on Metabigotry in comedy.

I'm trying to "get the word out," and I decided to stop by and drop a line. Perhaps, you would be interested in stopping by my spot and giving your opinion?

Anyway, feel free to delete this comment. I would have emailed (private msg) you, but I couldn't find it on your site.

Thank you again, and thanks for being such an open-minded citizen.

best
Lucy