Tuesday, January 09, 2007

In which Friends come and go.

Loon and her lovely M drove all the way from Michigan just to come visit. It is very humbling to have a friend do that. We did not go out on the town, undertake trendy shopping excursions or take in the sights. We did go to the Salvation Army, make some wicked good chicken and rice, trade x-mas presents and generally fart around.

Simon said it did him good to see me that happy. I felt very happy indeed, but I didn't realize there was such a difference between my normal state and a Loon-is-coming state.

Then, of course, they had to go back home. It took all of, oooo, maybe an hour, for me to have a melt down. I am pleased to report that I didn't belittle anyone or say anything hurtful to anyone, but I did stop traffic by yelling that I was going f-ing nuts and I couldn't take anymore f-ing noise and somebody better turn off at least two of the f-ing radios that were going at the time. Loon said she had friend hang-over too, and had griped a little about having to read directions and drive at the same time. I am treating the symptoms by listening to the mix cds she made for me. A lot.

Unfortunately for everyone involved, right on the heels of the friend hangover I have come down with PMS for the second or third month in a row. In the past it was an occasional event. These days the evilness moodiness starts three or four days in advance of the "moon cycle". Maybe it's because I'm nursing and I need more calcium than I'm getting. I keep meaning to do something about that, but then I bitch at the Boy all day non-stop and realize that, oops, I didn't bone up on my calcium this month either. Can you not do homeschool for a week because your mother is PMSing? Really I think that would be best for everyone. Unfortunately I don't think I can pull it off with out major loads of guilt. I'll just have to try to get by with chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. Yeah, because, umm, chocolate has magnesium, which, umm, means you absorb more calcium, which means it's medicinal... yeah, that's the ticket.

Going to get my fix,
ephelba

No comments: