Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Spiders

There's a simply huge spider in my window Right Now. And we watched it eat a fly. It did that spinny thing with the fly between its legs just like on Charlotte's Web.

This should endear it to me, as I hate houseflies. And somewhere deep, deep down, there's a Buddhist in me waiting to become enlightened, and it says the spider should live.

The rest of me says the spider must die, because otherwise it will crawl down and lurch over to the bed and TOUCH ME while I'm asleep and unprotected.
Urgh.

So I put it to you, my readers, should the spider die? Be evicted (which is probably a death sentence too) or left alone to lurk in the corner where I can keep an eye on it.

Comment button to your right,
ephelba

PS
The last time I had a nightmare that made me sit up screaming, it was about a spider that touched my face. I really did scream. And I think I flailed a bit, and maybe hit Simon on accident a little.

No comments: